Monday, September 18, 2006

I'll huff...and I'll puff...

Yippee for birthday candles... the annual test that I am still in fact breathing! For those of you concerned of the possibility of my contracting birthday blues - I want to alleviate you of those assumtions. I am loving life (all 28 years of it) and loving God more than I ever have before. I feel overwhelmingly blessed by all the amazing experiences I have enjoyed over the past year...friends, family, the students @ HD, Revolution, spiritual giftings, Mississippi, California, NYC, crazy visits, cameras, cottages, meeting new people...where does it end?!!!
But aside from all the great memories, I have also learned some tough lessons. My heart has been wounded on more than one occasion...and yet God has been gentle and ever-more the source of my strength and peace. He has surprised me in ways I never thought possible. He has led me down pathways I never thought I wanted to walk. He has opened my eyes to a world I had overlooked by lack of time, understanding and pride. Dang pride...
And so I stand at the brink of another year... holding in my hands the amazing journey of a life passed... anticipating the amazing adventure still ahead. I am not one to have plans set in stone - I have learned that God's planning and timing has far surpassed my own! Sometimes I wish for the security of a scheduled life...but I am a firm believer of "Carpe Diem" (for all you dead poet's fans!) Live your life with purpose before your Creator and give Him the freedom to paint your future.
"I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper!"
Prosperity takes on different faces in the Christian life...may we embrace it! Especially when the price of gas "drops" to 79 cents!

3 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Hi Anne Marie, I wanted to wish you a Happy (Belated) Birthday! You are such a beautiful girl, not only on the outside but on the inside.
I have enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know what you have been up too. Sounds like you are giving it all you've got! Keep going and giving!
Miss you tons, and I think of you often and our trip to Daton Ohio to visit Ivy!! Good Times
Talk to you soon
Barb

10:18 AM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

amen sista...seize the day!! i love ya!!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Hey Anne I guess Dave didn't update that part of the Blog, but we now live in Ann Arbor Michigan! We moved in August. So that means travelling back to Canada often! :)
Hope you are doing well
Barb

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home