Monday, August 07, 2006

Hellooooo loooong weekend!

I got the amazing treat of being able to hang out at the cottage all weekend! We left Thursday nite and stayed til Monday...it was AWESOME! Minden got hit with some wicked storm the nite before we arrived - trees were everywhere and we were without hydro until Sunday nite (for all you city folks that means no showers, no flushing toilets, no stove, no lites, no tv, no nothing!!!) It was an adventure! (We DID have a generator, so before you think we were pioneering it up there...we got to plug in our fridge!)
Besides stumbling over EVERYTHING in the house to try and get to your room at nite, and depleting the lake with bucket after bucket to manually flush our porcelein...it was an amazing opportunity to hang with friends. Candlelite is definitely a favourite...not to mention our wicked awesome campfires, and the fact that boats don't need hydro! Everything was cooked on the barby (we didn't suffer in the food department, that's for sure!) and we got to squeeze in a Kawartha Dairy....always worth the drive!
The thing I love most about Minden - besides being near water (I'm part mermaid, I'm sure of it!)and the fact they now have a Tim Hortons - is the awesome friends we have there. Over the years we have been able to establish some fun friendships, and it is ALWAYS cool to see those relationships deepen and grow each visit as we share in our victories and defeats of life and faith.
God has brought some really cool (and crazy) people into my life - to encourage, challenge and build me up in my faith. Nothing beats a late nite game of sardines, or a chat by the lakeside - infront of a blazing inferno that looks like it could engulf the tree at any moment, or by moonlite on the dock (what time is it again?!)
Some of the weekend highlites (besides quality time with Kent, Joyce, the grandkids and Junie B. Jones) include:
...the chance to hang out with a fellow saucy sista Lindsay who somehow seems to awaken the Katie within me (my wickedly mischievious alter ego!) We made a few waves on the lake this afternoon trying to dump each other off the seadoo...and practiced the art of throwing your head back and just laughing...looong story!

...having a nice chat AND getting my make-up done by local artist Emmy Lester...too bad all I was going to do was pack! It should be interesting to try and duplicate her work of art (I may look like a panda when I'm done) but the attempt of trying to be more "girly" is there!

And to top it off...having the opportunity of spending quality time with my lil' sis whose husband stayed home for the weekend! Between Bella's naps we had lots of time to chat (often to the wee hours of the morning) and lots to chat about. Having just come off 3 weeks on the road with my other sister, it was a great opportunity to catch up!
God continually reminds me how much I am truly blessed. I have friends and family who love me and want the best for me...who bring sunshine in the rain, and a good laugh when ya need one! Never forget to absorb all the awesome blessings that God places in your lives each day with the family and friends He threads thru your life. They are gifts - each unique - to help shape your heart and mind.
Thanx again to all my friends up north for making this weekend a refreshing time for me...you are treasured!

1 Comments:

Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

DANG IT!! I miss the cottage *sniff*. Say hi to everyone for me. Hey psycho, I'm FINALLY visiting your blog :) FUN EH?! It's pretty snazzy ;) I love you so much...for people visiting this blog...this girl is AMAZING!!!! Some have even said angelic ;) BAHA!!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home