Sunday, August 27, 2006

best friends, beetles, and boy drama...

Well...it's been a while. Craziness has once again invaded my so-called life and left me exhausted - but I am grateful for the ride! One of my best friends Maia, from the Fort Crew in BC, just left today after a two-week stint in the epicenter (insert definition for all my BC buds: (ĕp'ĭ-sĕn'tər): the center of everything. aka Ontario...ha!). My VW bug Casper felt like our home as we toured the countryside and ventured east coast to NEW YORK CITY! (Check out the upcoming slide show on my "thru the lens" link!)

We started the week with a bit of Shake- speare with Lady K and Mer (see... I can be cultured!), and after getting a little (but expensive) tune-up on my car, we headed north to the cottage. This has got to be one of my favourite places in the entire planet...FOR REALS! The weekend was jam-packed... highlites included movie nite at Kinmount (Mark sat thru the ultimate chick-flick... He needs to be cloned!) Bengal spice tea and midnite chats on the dock, ATV rides thru mud and mess, a boat cruise on the Muskoka lakes with a brief stop at Muskoka Woods - the ultimate of summer camps, plus running into Santa...and who can forget the nite at the Rockcliff! I never anticipated a game of pool could be so "interesting"...(I'm glad Megan was there to lay the smack down!) But in all this, just hanging out in the "quiet" north with Kent & Joyce and the girls was AMAZING!
We got home late Sunday nite only to leave first thing in the morning for NYC! I LOVE that place! Tuesday we spent the day doing a psycho tour of the city. We took the Statton Island ferry to Jersey and got a nice waterside view of Lady Liberty and the city. Met some helpful and interesting folks on the tube...one guy named Reggie even got off his train and navigated us thru the different trains to the Central Park stop. Did a little loop thru the park - even laid one down on poor Hans Christian Anderson - before doing a speed walk window shopping trek down 5th Avenue, Times Square and Broadway. We ended up seeing Phantom at the Majestic. Although our seats were up in the nosebleeds and the Phantom had Kermit tendencies...it was a good show. I can't tell you how grateful I was to get 45 minutes to sit on the train back! Although I am disappointed I have not made it up the Empire State Building yet...I'm a huge "An Affair to Remember" fan...next time maybe!
We were able to spend some time Wednesday hanging with Karen and her girls (they make fine subjects for photographs!) before heading back to Canuckland...


With all the excitement I just mentioned...wait! There's more! During her two weeks here, Maia was getting texts/calls from a certain someone back home...drama! drama! drama! Will a boy finally cut in?...All I can say is this has been the summer of boy drama on all sides of the map - from set ups to broken hearts! It was nice to share in this together... seeing as a few provinces seperate us from getting together on a regular basis and chatting it all out over a cup of tea and some dutch cookies. Two weeks was a reminder of the friendship I used to enjoy out west... and I miss the nearness of friends. NEVER TAKE THOSE TIMES FOR GRANTED!!! Maia and I took every opportunity in the two weeks and filled it to the max. And although I am EXHAUSTED... it was worth the fingerprints of blessing my life has from this dear friend.
I LOVE YOU MAIA!!! REMEMBER... all information revealed is privileged and stays in the safety of Casper... hee! hee! Oh the question game...

1 Comments:

Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

oh if casper could talk, the things he would share...actually, i'm glad he can't talk...hahah. i love you so much anne!! thank you for making my two week stay an unforgetable one. god taught both of us a lot through each other i think...it was the 'right timing' to the there ;) life's funny huh...never quite goes as you expect ;) ahh well, predictability can be boring sometimes right?! i can't wait to travel australia with you...so many more memories left to be created...

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home