Tuesday, August 01, 2006

When God Closes a Door...


Doors are wonderful things...they often lead to new places and exciting adventures. In my lifetime God has led me thru some super cool doors ...Bible School in England, youth ministry in BC, Revolution - just to name a few places...I don't know where to begin when it comes to the doorways of friendship that I've been blessed to walk thru! I often feel like I'm in the factory of Monsters Inc., countless doors at my fingertips - all leading in different directions - each unique...each requiring faith to open and take the first step in.
The most recent door in my life had windows in it. I could see inside, and imagine what it must be like to be on the other side. Anticipation is a lovely thing. So is trust. I've been learning a bit of both at the moment! As promising as what I saw inside may have been, God kept it closed...maybe for the moment...possibly forever.
Not all doors are for us to walk thru. In fact, there are countless doors God will walk us by before getting us to the right one. (It's kinda like someone walking you thru a car lot to a brand new vehicular someone bought for you, and you’re passing by some sweet looking rides wondering if that’s it or if what you got’s better...what a tease!) Some of these doors look really good to us...they almost seem perfect...and although there may be purpose for passing this way on your journey of life, they are a passing moment leading you to another destination.
When you feel like God is closing a door (or not even opening it for that matter!), don't forget trust. This is the One who created your heart, knows your desires and has only your best in mind. As hard as it may be to "pass up" a door, may you live in the faith of a little child, holding the hand of your heavenly Father and believing what the Word says...He is the Father of Lights who gives perfect gifts to His children. You will never be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home