Thursday, November 09, 2006

these are some of my favourite things...

I love the random things in life...
running into old friends in obscure places
snow in October
exchanging recipes with people in line at the supermarket
making friends with strangers on subways
finding $5 in a pair of jeans
snail mail from a friend on a bad day
Arwen's creepy fingers
dropping everything and going on a trip last minute
picking up an old journal
cutting off all my hair
2am, a shopping cart and a hill
watching Saturday morning cartoons with a box of cereal
my neice Maegan laughing
"save the plants" day with Monica
the New York massage chair
wild flowers on the side of the road
music that remind you of trips
Sudoku challenges against my dad
bean bag chairs and mr.knor
bengal spice tea
gifts just because
nicknames
the smell of the christmas tree
glow-in-the-dark football
evening lattes after a looooong day at school
Owen's froggy hugs
toilet paper and a bunch of youth
kissing statues in Central Park
getting snowed in
hugs from people I just met but feel I've known forever
tuesday morning prayer with my favourite ladies
an underlined verse in my Bible
clothes fresh out of the dryer
cheese sausages and an open fire
pulling out my scarf in the fall
old photographs
pink cheeks coming out of the cold
wearing costumes in fancy restaurants
chatting with someone who had the wrong number
"gong show" weekends
missing a flight
lasagna tops
pink housecoats and murder mystery
being stranded
the consequence can
climbing trees
story time
surprise visits
orange peels
homemade decks of cards
the moon's reflection in the lake
poker and teddy grahams
nicely-wrapped gifts
smoke coming under my cousin's door
singing off-key
broccoli cheeze soup
child art

Each tiny thread brings a smile - a memory...woven into the fabric of a life thrice-blessed! I could really go on forever about all the little things that make the big things so big, but for now I'll just take a moment to remember...and smile!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya....

most of those things are pretty cool....


especially on a bad day.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping the orange peels refers to me...that aside, I thought this blog was rated PG!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home