Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Rock of Ages

God is a precise God. A God who listens. A God who is there. I don't say these things because I always hear or feel Him...in fact, this has been a week where I was on the lower swing of the pendulum...questioning His presence and my purpose. Finding myself overwhelmed - pounded by the waves of life...by situations - family, friends and personal. I was tired. Trying to do everything in your own strength does that to you...

And in that moment of weariness where I couldn't even sing in worship - I begged God to reveal Himself. To give me a glimmer of light on the pathway - a reminder that I am where I should be. And I got a tap on the shoulder...literally...from a girl who told me God wanted to give me a hug. CRAZINESS!!! And a few moments later, another friend received a word from God about "someone" who was overwhelmed...who needed to hide themselves in the Rock of God. As she went on into detail, I was amazed that everything I had just said to God was coming out of the mouth of someone I had not shared my struggle with. Humbling...Encouraging that God was reminding me that HE was a place that is immoveable and secure as he brought to mind one of my favourite verses He gave to me in bible school:
"From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety..." Psalm 61:2
God is our rock...our grounded immovable place in our lives. He towers over our problems. He is our fortress and shelter from our enemies. He is our constant. He knew what I needed when I needed it. He used tangible people to speak to me. To be His arms.
Rock of ages cleft for me...let me hide myself in Thee...

3 Comments:

Blogger Drivertiser said...

There have been a few times where I've been given words from people that they couldn't have known unless God told them. It's amazing to know that God loves us enough to send those people into our path when we need them

8:45 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

hmm amen.

love you.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Amen. There have been countless times in my life where I've caught myself in the 'doing' for God instead of the 'spending time' with God. Very easy to burn out if you aren't plugged into the Source. Great reminder Anne.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home