Thursday, October 12, 2006

going to peru...peru...peru


Just thought I'd let you all know I'll be gone over Christmas holidays...I have the amazing opportunity to be a chaperone (if you can imagine!) for a mission's trip with 27 students from the high school I volunteer at. Last year I participated in a trip to Mississippi to help out with Hurricane Katrina along with over 100 students/staff/chaperones. This year it's a two week trip to Peru. From jungles, to high altitude mountain locations to coastal cities it's sure to be a diverse trip. I am excited for the opportunity to continue building relationships with the staff and students.
Please keep this trip in your prayers
...that God would prepare the hearts of those going and open up our eyes to see as He sees.
...that we would be available to His work in Peru, growing in our faith and encouraging the body of believers there.
...to trust in God to provide for all the needs - financial, physical, medical (yeah needles) and governmental (I have to get my passport...and my birth certificate by then!)
...that our team would gel together and amazing relationships would be built.
Thanx for your prayers and support in advance...I couldn't do what I do without the constant love and prayer support of family and friends. I will keep you posted as always!

5 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

did you need some help!?

prayin prayin!

11:06 PM  
Blogger The Bean Bag Chair said...

Would that not be the coolest thing ever?!! I'll sign ya up!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

dang, peru is awesome! i would love to go back.

10:34 AM  
Blogger The Bean Bag Chair said...

I can't wait...you'll have to let me know what hotspots to hit...apparently the jungle is a REALLY hot spot - especially since we're going in their summer time!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

So here's the question: do they need more mature, responsible chaperones?? *cough*. Ok ok, I MAY not be either of those things, but dang I can have fun and I want to go to Peru!! Just imagine it...

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home