Monday, October 23, 2006

Bonsoir!

Well, I just returned from yet another of my galavants across country. This time the destination was Montreal with two of my oldest friends (not in reference to age!) - Kathryn and Karen. We ended up staying in the boutique Hotel Nelligan. AMAZING! I’m not one for spending lots of money on a place to sleep - but this was a real treat...








I have grown to anticipate some quirky thing happening when I go away - this trip was no exception. Kathryn and I had the brainwave of leaving at 5:00 am Friday to make sure we got the most of the weekend. A few cups of coffee and 6 hours later we arrived at our hotel in old Montreal. By this time I was exhausted - having had minimal sleep (I was up putting oil in my car at 2:30 am because I knew I would forget if I left it til morning!) and suffering a mild bout of motion sickness. Despite strong efforts, I could not keep my bagel and half an apple down... I can hear the gong sounding already!
Instead of landing at 1ish, Karen’s flight was cancelled and she had to take a cab to Newark airport to get on another flight. She arrived at the hotel at 5:30 and we were all hopeful that the rest of the weekend would go without hitch. If only my stomach would have followed suit. Pretending I was fine didn’t get me very far...in fact it got me to the restaurant - a nice public place to launch whatever was left inside me! Insert sad face as I resigned myself to crawl back in bed - not even able to keep water down!
However, minus the instance of forgetting Karen’s liquid gold in the hotel freezer and running TWO red lites and almost getting hit by a city bus in an effort to retrieve it, the rest of the weekend improved greatly! We enjoyed food, shopping, art and perusing the streets. Here’s some pics from our adventures...






2 Comments:

Blogger QueenBee said...

Well minus the mysterious illness I am SO jealous - all I ever do is work and go to school - no weekend jaunts for me - boohoo. I'm glad you had fun and your pictures (as per usual) are great!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Great pics Anne!! I love them!! Gosh, I wish I had been there with you to rest me head on the 'oh so soft' pillows and pig out at fancy restaurants. We've always said we aren't 'fine and dine' girls so I'm glad you didn't disappoint (har har)!!! I am sorry that you were sick though...never a pleasant experience. Can't wait to hear more about it (via. a long phonecall) Love ya!!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home