Monday, May 29, 2006

fragments of joy...places of rest

In the constant treadmill of my current schedule, one must often wonder if I ever do sleep (as I write this at one in the morning!) There comes seasons every once in a while where you must persevere thru the most trying and energy sapping times. It is then that a morsal of joy or rest is heightened by the rareness of the occurance, and you are reminded how blessed you truly are. Today was one of those days. Exhausted, I made the hour trek to Kitchener to spend time with two of my closest friends. They have been a constant source of encouragement and spiritual strength regardless of what I am facing in life. It is always neat to see how when one is weak, the other two are strong enough to carry them thru. Even though it seemed like a very short amount of time together, God renewed and refreshed my spirit. And for a brief moment I caught a glimpse into the beauty of His plan for my life...set upon a solid foundation of friends and family. If one's wealth is not measured by his pocketbook, but rather by the true friends they have, I think I could rival Bill Gates!
ps. Thanx Lady K and Mer for such an awesome day (and pina coladas to boot!) I treasure you and your wisdom. Thanx for trying to get me to nap...I probably needed it - but spending time with both of you is rare and precious...Sleep can wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home