Tuesday, January 30, 2007

the list

"Don't be afraid for I am with you.
Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
See all your angry enemies lie there, confused and humiliated.
Anyone who opposes you will die and come to nothing.
You will look in vain for those who tried to conquer you.
Those who attack you will come to nothing.
For I hold you by your right hand - I, the Lord your God.
And I say to you,
"Don't be afraid. I am here to help you."

Isaiah 41:10-13

Just wanted to remind you of some of God's promises as we enter into prayer. I think it's amazing that He holds us in his VICTORIOUS right hand. Keep that in focus...no matter how big the wave that seeks to overwhelm you is! I know you probably have numerous people in your own circles to pray for, but here is a list of requests that I had thru my email to pass along...Pray for....
breakthrough...protection...healing...restoration...salvation...

Pray for families...
• MY family...specifically my parents marriage. That there would be healing, forgiveness and restoration.
• Marissa - a mother of three in her thirties, who found out she has breast cancer and liver cancer.
• Wilma - a mother of five whose husband has left her for another woman.
• Kurt - an unsaved brother who has been coming to church since his father passed away, but isn't a Christian yet.
• Maia - her grandmother is suffering from stomach cancer.
• Sarah - a friend whose father has recently been arrested. She has been experiencing high blood pressure due to the stress(she's pregnant) and is trying to deal with the repercussions of his decisions.
• David - as he is contemplating a major shift in his family with job opportunities.
• Jesse - as he is adjusting to moving to a new home and school.
• Marg - a friend who has been dealing with intense family situations, and will have to put her house up for sale in February.
• Brent - that his mind and spirit would be healed.
• Sarah - as she prepares for service in Kenya.
• Esther - as she contemplates serving God in Uganda.
• For protection on marriages...I cannot begin to list the couples I know that are under attack at this moment!
• For unsaved friends, or friends who have left the church...that the salvation of Christ would touch their lives in a radical way.

Pray for church families...
• YES church & city of Brantford - that the devil would flee and that God would have ownership. We are specifically declaring that no-one in our body will be taken by suicide and would ask that you stand with us in that declaration. It is time for 'The Church' to arise and claim it's rightful place.
• Youth ministries - that God would raise up leaders in the coming generation. And for the youth struggling with substance and physical abuse.
• That we would be places of hope for a hopeless world...sharing the heart of Christ with all who walk thru our doors.
• For LIFT, a new church plant at MAC University.

Pray for schools & students...
• for godly teachers to influence and lead the students.
• for friends struggling with drugs, alcohol and sex.
• for opportunities to share Jesus with unsaved friends.
• for the outreach happening @ MAC University today!
• Miriam, Selena & Marissa - three students involved in a car accident last year from HDCH - that God would give them complete physical, emotional and spiritual healing. I thank Him for sparing their lives!
• Marie - as she goes before the school board to oppose native spiritualistic rituals from being taught in a highschool course - that God would give her wisdom, words of clarity, and boldness.

Prayer for camps and outreaches...
• Rough Acres Bible Camp, BC - just got a prayer request from Grandma Firefly (camp name)....amazing woman of prayer! It is through her faithfulness that so many kids have been impacted with the truth of the gospel. Pray for her strength...but also for the Board that runs the camp - that they would exercise wisdom and unity. That this would be a place for children to meet Christ. And that God would use Band-Aid (camp name) and protect him and his family in this ministry.
• Bree...one of my campers who has a very special place in my heart. Pray that she truly experiences the freedom that is found only in Christ - and that His love and grace would cover her and keep her in His care.

Thanx for joining the prayer force today..
"We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed.
We are perplexed, but not driven to despair.
We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God.
We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.
Through suffering our bodies continued ot share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies....We know that God, who raised the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus...and as God's grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God wil receive more and more glory. That is why we never give up...For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever!" - I Corinthians 4

4 Comments:

Blogger The Bean Bag Chair said...

I thought I'd kick off the "comment prayer"...
God, I just thank you that "a bruised reed you will not break, and a smoldering wick you will not snuff out..." I thank you that in our humanity and flesh, you don't destroy us, but offer forgiveness, grace and salvation. I pray for healing in friendships and relationships where mistakes of the flesh have eaten away at trust. I pray that the wounded would be healed in forgiveness. I thank you for the victory you have already promised...no matter what situation we may be facing.

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to pray for every single person on that list. I know that God is going to hear our prayers and I know that we have already won against the enemy. I just pray for break through and for healing and for mercy and grace and salvation.
I pray that people struggling, no matter what they may be struggling with, turn to God and be caught in His huge abundance of love and grace for His people. For those who are struggling who do not know God, or who do not THINK they know God, I pray that they find their way - becuase God promises that if we trust Him, He will make our paths straight (Prov. 3:5-6). For unsaved families, because it is not in God's will that any should parish.
I want to pray that people will STAND UP and find their VOICE. We are only as strong as we LET ourselves be, but if we find God and find out voice to speak for His will, we ARE going to make a DIFFERENCE in this world.
I want to pray for breakthrough not only in the personal lives of people, but also for BRANTFORD, the city of God. God HAS a plan for this city, and it is an AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL plan - and I declare that we are going to see it come to pass!!!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

I want to bring another request to the feet of Christ. Lord, I pray for Melissa's family. God I ask that you would comfort them and bring them strength and unity. God - you know her sister's heart. You know the battle that surrounds her. Please protect her Lord. Speak words of Truth and love into her life. Give her the strength to make the RIGHT decision. Please heal her wounded spirit...give her everything she stands in need of. We lay her before you Father. Amen

12:26 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

I have another item of prayer: Several days ago my friend Liz's family lost a very close family friend who had been battling cancer for a number of years. Please pray for this woman's family (she has a husband and 3 children). Please also pray for Liz's family and other friends/relatives as they are grieving.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home