Monday, December 04, 2006

All I want for Christmas is a brain...

My brother has my name for Christmas, so the chance of my actually receiving a new brain is highly unlikely. But today I feel as if I could really use a new one. Why you ask? I enter exhibit “A”, one of the most mindless things that I have done in my life so far...
As most of you know, I am going to Peru over Christmas. Special times. I also shoot weddings...also special times. Through a series of unfortunate events, I put one and one together and realized I had double booked myself. There is no easy way to try and do both when you’re on the other half of the hemisphere - even if you are the master multi-tasker! What to do…
I can honestly say I began questioning if God was really calling me on this trip. Not to mention feeling absolutely HORRIBLE that I had managed to put myself in Peru on a bride’s BIG day. Classic blunder…I guess you’re all wondering how this is going to end! Enter my best friend for today...His name is Jon G. He is an AMAZING photographer (and personal friend) who has helped me on a bunch of weddings. Talk about calling in a favour! Thanks to a VERY gracious bride, and his mad photography skills, I will be able to go to Peru. Although content and willing to stay behind to fulfill my commitments, I cannot tell you how grateful I am that this has worked out. God has some amazing things instore for this trip...I’m overjoyed to be a part of it.
However...I must remember to pack my brain!

3 Comments:

Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

YAY JON!! *insert Superhero music*. Yay also for a gracious bride ;)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

Jon G...JOn G...sounds soo stinking familiar!! Anyways YAY JON G!! hahaha.

*sigh* if i had money i'd fly to ontario for the whole summer..do you need an assistant? i make killer coffee...ok i just lied i dont..

3:14 PM  
Blogger The Bean Bag Chair said...

speaking of Jons...remember hottie Jon and the baseball game?!!! Hmmm...I think both you girls were there for that one!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home