Monday, January 11, 2010

360+5


I was inspired today.
By a movie.
A movie about french cuisine
365 days
and a blog.

And as I was driving to hang out with a friend
I was challenged.
Challenged by a thought -
a God -
desperate to be known,
discovered,
sought after...
by me.

And the invitation sat in my heart...
the provocative idea
that I couldn't always wait for the reality of God to hit me in the face.
That He wasn't just about revealing Himself.
That there were elements of His character that needed to be pursued.
Intentionally.
With perseverance.
Dedication.

The thought of finding or learning something new every day about a God I have committed my life to be in relationship with has been a little exciting and daunting at the same time. Like reaching the summit of Mount Everest - exciting at the prospect...daunting in the climb - the work involved.

It means a lot of thought.
Asking questions.
Learning to listen.
To pursue.
To press into uncharted water.

And so I embark on my 360 + 5...
A full circle with some bonus steps.
Some of you may be at a loss to think of 10, let alone 365 aspects of God.
Maybe you will be intrigued by my journey...
maybe you will be inspired to begin your own...
but may we all be changed by the collision of humanity with that which we will never be able to fully scratch the surface of.

Be prepared to be surprised.


For those of you wanting to hitch a ride on my journey, the blog will continue it's daily course on: 360+5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home