Monday, August 31, 2009

the rose ceremony

Life can be a series of open doors, calculated decisions, and blind leaps of faith that twist and turn our choices into journeys, destinations, discovery. Not just to unveil where we're going or why we're here...but who we are. Who God created us to be.

I am a question person...I am the whiny kid in the back seat wondering "Are we there yet?" The tug at the pant leg that questions "What are you doing?" The inquisitive brow that wrinkles with a "Why?" On the rare occasion I ask out loud...but most of my inquiries remain locked inside a private conversation continuously dialoguing in my head.

Over the past couple of months I've been wrestling with a lot of questions...my future...my giftings...where am I going? What am I doing? Where will I be in the fall?...It has been a constant dialogue with my Creator, wrestling back and forth. Waiting for something to trigger a direction.

This whole process has morphed into a similiar dilemna of the final rose ceremony...two equally attractive prospects standing before me - my heart torn in both directions, and my time to make a decision breathing down my neck...


And after much deliberation, a fair share of tempting offers, and the feeling of cement shoes on my feet that constantly remind me of a circle of friends and family that love and care about me - I made a decision. There wasn't a green arrow pointing to a single door. There were multiple doors...all open...all inviting...all sharing in the balance of pros and cons. Each one holding people that I love and do life with. It was a wrestling match of epic proportion, weeks consumed with thought and prayer in actually choosing one.

And the rose goes to...


And so, for the next few months anyway, I remain separated from some amazing family and friends in Ontario to continue life's adventure in Alberta. I am excited to see what God has in store for me here. Had you told me a year ago I would CHOOSE to live in a city that reaches 40 below, I would have laughed in your face...in a nice way of course!

I guess God does have a sense of humour...

1 Comments:

Blogger skittles said...

All the best, AM! I know, making choices when there are so many options is difficult. But you made a choice! Congrats...

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home