Thursday, June 28, 2007

what is God's vision and purpose for me?

His purpose is for me to depend on Him and His power now. If I can stay calm, faithful, and unconfused while in the middle of the turmoil of life, the goal of the purpose of God is being accomplished in me. God is not working toward a particular finish - His purpose is the process itself. What He desires for me is to see "him walking on the sea" with no shore, no success, no goal in sight, but simply having the absolute certainty that everything is all right because I see "Him walking on the sea". It is the process, not the outcome, that is glorifying to God.
God's purpose is to enable us to see that He can walk on the storms of our lives right now. If we have a further goal in mind, we are not paying enough attention to the present time. However, if we realize that moment-by-moment obedience is the goal, then each moment as it comes is precious.
-Oswald Chambers

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Vaandering said...

that's very true. i would say the number one thing that distracts me from getting closer to God is my eagerness to find out where He is taking me. it's seems so "godly" or "christian" to seek out destiny, but it can actually be the worst thing for me sometimes. sharlyss preached a while ago and her little slogan was "intimacy before destiny"....very wise

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home