Sunday, May 20, 2007

it's time...

I had my own private worship service with God today... it was pretty amazing, not going to lie! I brought a blanket, my camera and journal, and camped out with the bugs and one lonely and confused bee in the long grasses of my hill. I haven't been there for years... it was looooong overdue. I guess it's been a progressive journey past (and thru) the things that don't matter to the one thing that matters - a relationship with Jesus Christ. All of the the rest of life is just stuff that gets in the way until you're truly connected with God.
The sun broke through for a few glorious moments as I lay in the grass watching the cloudy sky pass me by. It was almost as if God was showing a glimpse of His favour on those who pursue His presence. And between watching spiders dance on their webs and prepare dinner, to scribbling madly in my journal, I got the insane idea to run and dance. Yeah... okay. Whatever. Like I'm going to do that - I'll probably kill my ankle, or fall into the creek, or get reported by the neighbours!!!
Obedience to the point of stupidity... here goes nothing. And so I got up and ran through the meadow. A little hesitant at first, and then with a little more energy... and then full-out with a few arm-flailing twirls. I pretty much looked like an idiot... God only knows what the poor couple walking down the road thought as I spun around and realized they had been watching me! But you know what? I didn't care!
...I will dance, I will sing to be mad for my King, nothing Lord is hindering this passion in my soul... and I'll become even more undignified than this, some may say its foolishness, and I'll become even more undignified than this, lay my pride by my side... thanx David Crowder for penning a song that captured the heart of King David's worship and should challenge us to passionately live before the One who deserves our whole-hearted praise!
One of the ways that I worship God is through my camera lens... ...and one of the ways God speaks to me is through the simple things I see thru my viewfinder. They become metaphors, preachers...challenges to sow the seed, to not allow the life within me to dry and shrivel out...to seek refreshment and the treasure that God has placed in my heart...you should try taking a camera out sometime, and stop and look at a creation that God is speaking to you through.
God revealed so much to my heart during this consecrated time to Him. It's amazing what you can hear when you actually shut up and listen! He is everywhere and in everything. He desires our hearts. Our focus. Our love.
As I was sitting there I watched an insect straddle-walk two blades of grass. It was going fine until the blades started stretching in different directions. He started to struggle - he had to commit to one or the other. The point came where he had to make a choice between the two, or stay in the same place. Interesting life parallel for anyone...Anyways, the last part of my time was spent penning a song. The lyrics flowed out thru raw, unpolished ink... perhaps someday God will give me a tune, or someone else a tune... for now it's words in a journal... a simple worship song to One who is changing me beyond expectation...

Never be the same...
Father of heaven, Maker of earth
Creator of my soul
You spoke, one word
And all that's of worth
Found light in amazing love.

The mountains will shake
and fall into the sea
The oceans will roar Your name
Your presence will melt
the darkness will flee
And I'll never be the same

As I look to the hills
As I search out the skies
As I gaze upon Your grace
My heart is awakened
My spirit is shaken
And I'll never be the same

I surrender
All that I am
All that I'll be
I surrender
I lay it all down
That You may be found in me

You speak in the whispers
You speak in the wind
Your beauty is all around
I cannot mistake You
I cannot replace You
You fill me entirely

As I look to the hills
As I search out the skies
As I gaze upon Your grace
My heart is awakened
My spirit is shaken
And I'll never be the same

I surrender
All that I am
All that I'll be
I surrender
I lay it all down
That You may be found in me
I surrender
All that I am
All that I'll be
I surrender
I lay it all down
And I'll never be the same
No...I'll never be the same


May each of us allow God to change our hearts in such radical ways that we are never the same...that we continue to grow deeper and closer to Him each passing moment. May your heart never rest until it rests in Him...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're great cause you set the bar super high when it comes to hardcoreness. i love that david crowder band song. I think it should be sung at revolution...even if it as a bubble-gum-pop sound to it

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home