Wednesday, May 02, 2007

16 lines

Had a little confrontation with God last nite. In order to instigate freedom we need to face and acknowledge what is holding us back. The things collecting dust and stuffed in the closets of our hearts and minds. The junk that is just taking up space that God wants to fill with Himself.
Last nite He wrote a chapter of my life…maybe someday I’ll share it. For now I offer a simple poem – unpolished and surprisingly rhyming (I appreciate more abstract things)…but perhaps that in itself is a testimony of my life…
Whatever…God is exposing and I am humbled…

take a look inside my window...what do you see?rigid lines of duty...masked formality...6 strings that hold my song in fingers gently claspedbroken walls lay waste...
a beauty long since passed...behind the window...cowering soul that dares to dreamher fingers rooted deep within the core of mewaiting to unfurl the wings that long to flybut locked inside...shadows fill my thoughts...haunting memorieshid behind rusting doors...
held...released...a single note, so fragile in composing handsreaching out...
beyond the realm I understand...scribbled words upon the wall...what do you see?a bleeding heart spun safe in worlds of mysterywith feet that long to dance without a thought or fear...you've heard to much...
you've seen...
the sign is clear.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Carrol said...

Yeah so...

that's amazing...

freedom in Jesus name

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a beautiful poem
sounds like god spoke great things to you
im glad ;)

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home