Thursday, July 21, 2005

Rough Acres is the place for me...BC living is the life for me...

I'm sure you're probably grateful that you can't hear me singing those lines! There's where reading has it's advantages! So I guess you're wondering why I gathered you here today...well, I will not boast in having faith the size of a mustard seed - I can only say "thank you" to the One who created me, knows my heart, and loves me beyond my imagination. As some of you already know, I was planning to go to BC to volunteer for a week at a camp - but then I got this whopping huge parking ticket/towing experience which depleted my funds in a hurry.
As God was speaking to my heart to trust Him with this one, I became aware of my need to be obedient. Maybe, just maybe He had something for me in Ontario that I wasn't being sensitive to, just because I love and miss my friends out in BC. I came to the point where I said - where EVER you need me...place me! I want it to be where you want me - not where I think I should be.
Easier said then done...
I got a couple of emails after this revelation from some of the campers who were in my cabin last year. Wondering if I was going - I had to be honest and tell them that humanly speaking I couldn't afford to go - but that if God wanted me there He would provide the way. In my heart I was breaking - I wanted to be there for these girls - they had impacted my life SO much and I have prayed for them and have been concerned about them this past year. Maybe there was a way I could squeeeeeeeeze...but I had to give up. I couldn't...and so I prayed. I went to bed that night totally content with wherever God wanted me.
And then, within 24 hours I received two more emails...emails that financially covered my ticket to go to Rough Acres from people who had been praying. How AWESOME IS THAT!!! God is soooo good! I just sat at my computer and cried...big crocodile tears! And I worshipped God - for His goodness, His provision through His people, and His unfailing love.
And so, it's off to Rough Acres. Who knows what He has for me there...but may I be obedient and available to His work!

ps. And thank you to the family of God who made this possible! You know and I know and God knows...may His generous blessing rest upon your life always!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home