Wednesday, June 22, 2005

In the Face of a Full Moon...

I cried tonite...it wasn't much - one big crocodile tear. But I cried (which, if you know me, is a huge step!) I was driving home from a SUPER looooong day, and as I turned the corner on the home stretch, there she was before me...the most beautiful moon I had ever seen. A golden eye, rising in the heavens in a glowing halo. For the first time of the day all seemed at peace and still...and my weary head and heart slowed to a thought. How awesome my God is! Switchfoot was playing - and one phrase caught my ear..."You're raising the dead in me..."
And I cried...maybe it was from the fact of sheer exhaustion - of letting the day carry away my emotion. Or maybe, just maybe, God was speaking to my heart. Speaking to me of something beautiful He was raising in the darkness of my night sky. Speaking promise and rest into a weary heart that has been searching for the glory of His presence.
I am always amazed at how He romances a human heart. So tender is His love, so delicate are His advances...and yet so focused are His affections. He knows the desires of our hearts, He understands our weaknesses...but He also sees our needs before we can even understand what we are lacking. And all the while, filling us with His presence until we no longer desire to look away - but stand mesmerized by the beauty of a Love that understands every fibre of our being, and still loves us!
I am watching the moon rising as a beacon of reflected light in the darkness, a reminder of the promises of my Saviour and Friend to bring hope, love and peace. He is raising the dead in me, and giving me new life. May you experience the same!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home