Thursday, June 30, 2005

A Lesson from Cinderella...

I will just forewarn you that if you ever pray for God to show you areas of weakness that need surrendering...HE WILL DO IT! This past week I got schooled by some weeds...yeah, talk about humble pie and a lesson with my pride! So anyways, I didn't have much graphic designing to do, so I got swallowed by the gardens at my boss' house. I don't really know what the whole big issue with me was (I mean, work is work and I'm getting paid for this, right?!) but I was having definite attitude issues. Maybe it was a mix between baking in the sun, PMS'ing and a chocolate deficiency, but whatever it was, I was having a BA convo in my head (um...that's Bad Attitude) that went something like this...
Me: "I don't get this God...I'm almost 27 and I'm pulling weeds for a living. None of my friends do this - they all are established in their jobs and know what they're doing with their future...while I'm becoming fast friends with Mr. Dandelion and this jungle terrain!"(I can hear a sniffle - maybe you're even shedding a tear for my poor wretched state. Save your pity - it gets better!)
God: "I know of some persecuted Christians around the world who would do ANYTHING to be outside their dingy dark cells...or how about a terminally ill patient restricted to their bed and living in constant pain?..." (Why does God always have to bring those points up and ruin my self-pity party?!!!)
Me: "I know! I know! But I know this isn't where my future lies (I'm really hoping anyway!) I just want to get on with the rest of my life - this is just a stepping stone to whatever door you have for me in the future...why do I feel so stuck in a rut? Unsuccessful? Besides...wasn't the man the one who was cursed with having to pull weeds? I thought we got child bearing?!!"
God: "Like Joseph - you need to be faithful in the little things so I can entrust bigger things to your care (and by bigger things I am referring to anything beyond our human possibility to be spiritually achievable - not necessarily being famous or important or changing the whole planet - although that would be cool!!!). When you can show a good attitude and proper motivation in your heart doing the mundane, I know you will have the right heart in the bigger tasks I am equipping you for. It is not WHAT you do, but HOW you do it that marks success. Besides, look at Cinderella...she mopped and cleaned and worked as a servant for a loooong time, but ended up getting a prince and a palace in the end."
I dunno about a prince right now, but a palace would be nice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home