Monday, December 20, 2010

once...

This year I get to be home for Christmas. My first couple days have been jam-packed with friends and family, as in usual Anna-Marie fashion I am trying to fill every minute to it's maximum potential! Amidst cutting down trees, fixing strands of lights, and drinking copious amounts of coffee, I had the opportunity of attending The Living Nativity my church was performing in the center of our city.


And with the cold biting at my fingertips, I listened to the story.
A story that has been told for the past 2000 years...
a story that is timeless.
Simple.
Life-changing.
And I was reminded to adjust my focus
back on the one truth
that finds itself embedded in this busy season.
To abide in the Prince of Peace
that calms the rush and settles the chaos.
A prodding to walk humbly and in complete awe
of the wonder of heaven's gift.
And in dusting off the guitar and sifting through forgotten poetry,
I found this...

Once upon a nite
Heaven sent it's light
In the manger hay
The Emmanuel lay

While the world lay fastly sleeping
A Father's promise, faithful keeping

Child humbly come
The garden's curse undone
Born to peasants, kings
See the gifts they bring

Come to the stable and see
The offering of eternityt
He who knows your very name
Will stretch across your place of shame

Lost and wandering soul
Come before His throne:
A manger made of wood
A cross, a crown of blood

Prince of Peace and Son of earth
May our hearts proclaim your birth

Breath of God, so still
Wounded hearts to fill
Your promises unfold
In mangers of our soul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home