Thursday, April 12, 2012

i


i inhale
you exhale
two natures
one frame

mirrored features
in twisted duplicity
splinters
we are two
yet one

where can i run
from the consumption
of a presence
that hollows me
from the inside out
whispering
in lonely moments
the reality
of who i am?

where can i hide
from myself?
for
i am you
and
you are me
and we?
we are one
yet two
desiring
with each breath
the death
of the other

you feed on my thoughts
and quench your thirst
on unshed tears

you devour each hope
that falls prey
to your darkness
abandoning my dreams
to decay
in skeletal frame
picked dry
by your wilderness

you desire all of me
and still
none of me

perplexing
pressing in
on every side
seeking
to crush
to destroy
relentlessly
weighing my soul
with
the depth
of your despair

overwhelmed
dwindled faith
i lift my eyes
a casted glance
toward a hill
and
with One Word
you fall silent
broken
powerless

It is finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home